Al-Buhsani: We are working to ensure that the south has one voiceEnglish - Sunday 21 May 2023 الساعة 06:35 pm
Major General Faraj Al-Buhsani, a member of the Presidential Leadership Council and Vice-President of the Southern Transitional Council, said that the Saudi-Iranian agreement will make a significant contribution to a convergence of views on the crisis in Yemen, but at the same time he warned against trusting the Houthis because they are not trusted and do not take any charter or agreement seriously.
Major General Faraj al-Buhsani questioned, in an interview with the BBC program "Without Restrictions", the ability and success of the ongoing mediations in light of the current circumstances in Yemen.
Al-Bahsani also ruled out sitting with the Houthis until the legitimate government sees a horizon for success, pointing out that the members of the Presidential Council have not sat directly with any party of the Houthi militia so far.
Major General Faraj al-Bahsani acknowledged that the legitimate government bears a great deal of responsibility for the economic situation in the country, although he pointed to the lack of capabilities available to it and the need for huge funds for oil installations to rehabilitate them in light of the beatings and threats they were subjected to by the Houthis.
With regard to his vision for the future of the south, a member of the Presidential Leadership Council said that they are dealing with the situation according to what is required by the interests of the north and the south, but he ruled out that they would be partners with the Houthis if they continued to control or dominate state institutions.